I have a new favourite chef that absolutely inspires me, and that is Chef John from foodwishes! He is funny and his recipes are really easy to follow! This was my impromptu dinner after watching chef John’s video. Coincidentally, I had some enchiladas sauce that i made from the night before so this was perfect! I loved how he used ricotta with other cheeses for the topping. The cheese was divine! You have to give this a try and you might just fall in love with it!
- 2 large chicken breast
- Salt, pepper and 1 beaten egg
- Cream crackers, crushed
- about 1/2 cup ricotta cheese
- Shredded mozzarella and red cheddar
- about 2 tbsp parmesan cheese
- Tomato sauce base (I used homemade Enchiladas Sauce)
- Pound chicken breast to thin and tenderize it.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper, and coat with egg.
- Coat with cracker crumbs (you may use bread crumbs)
- Pan fry in olive oil on both sides until golden and crispy.
- Mix ricotta, mozzarella and cheddar. Season with a pinch of salt.
- Place chicken on a cooling rack. Spread cheese mix on top of the chicken evenly. Sprinkle about 1tbsp of parmesan over each chicken.
- Bake chicken in a preheated oven at 200deg for about 15 minutes until cheese in lightly golden.