I actually planned to make rostis for Ben but i realised that I only have 2 potatoes left in the pantry. So i suddenly had the idea of making him cottage fries! It’s the first time i made and ate it and I am so glad i did! Even though this is baked in the oven, it was really crispy and yummy, like a fat potato crisp! This is a definite first choice for me as a side to any meals and a healthier choice compared to normal chips.
- Potatoes (i used 2 hertha potaotes)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Olive oil
- Rosemary and oregano (or your favourite herbs)
- Wash potatoes well and cut them in thick slices.
- Soak potatoes in water for about 20mins.
- Drain the water and pat dry with paper towels.
- Season with salt and pepper and a splash of olive oil. Add herbs and toss well until potatoes are evenly coated.
- Place potatoes on a baking tray that is lined with aluminum foil.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 220deg for 15 minutes.
- Take the tray out and flip the potatoes.
- Return to oven and bake for another 15 minutes.
- Remove the tray, flip the potatoes and place them on a cooling rack.
- Place the cooling rack with potatoes back in the oven for another 8-10minutes, until golden and crisp.