This is a dish that i just had, which i absolutely must blog about. It is simple to prepare but o so tasty, making me crave for more when we finished it. I was tasting the dish as I coked, the difference before and after i put in the last bit of garnishing was so great, so please do not omit the garnishing ingredients at the end! This is a simple chinese dish that i love, which helps me when I am out of ideas on what to cook.
- 2 small-medium potatoes, cut into thin strips
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1 tbsp rice wine
- Drizzle of sesame oil
- Dash of black pepper
- Bunch of coriander, chopped
- Spring onions, chopped
- Red chilli, sliced
- Soak potatoes in water and some white vinegar, set aside.
- In a hot wok, saute garlic and onions until fragrant.
- Drain potatoes of water, rinse well. Fry potatoes with garlic and onions.
- On high heat, add in 2 – 3tbsp of water. When water is sizzling, reduce heat to medium high.
- After about 5mins, when water is almost dried up, add in sauces and seasonings.
- Fry for another 5mins until sauces is almost dried up.
- Add in coriander, spring onions and red chilli and fry briefly until well combined.