Ben’s favourite soup of all time is creamy tomato soup, but I am very ashamed to say that today is the very first time i’ve attempted to make this for him. It has always seemed too complicated to make this until Ben bought me my new toy, the Joyoung soy milk maker! It is fully automated, I can now make all his favourite thick soups, almond milk, soy milk, porridge and so much more, with a touch of a button.
Look how creamy and smooth my soup is, can you believe that I used fresh tomatoes and not canned ones? This machine is truely amazing. You have to get one for yourself to believe it!
- About 400g of fresh tomatoes (i used 4 medium ones), diced
- 1 medium red onion, diced
- 2 – 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- About 30g butter
- 2 tbsp pure tomato paste
- 300ml chicken stock/water
- 300ml fresh milk
- 1 tsp salt
- Dash of pepper
- In a pan, melt butter and saute onions and garlic until fragrant. Set aside to cool.
- Place tomatoes, sauteed onions and garlic, stock, tomato paste, milk and salt into the Joyoung machine.
- Select Grains function, and your soup will be ready in about 20mins or so.