Ben loves chicken breast while i love drumsticks. I have to think of ways to make chicken breast where both of us will enjoy it. I have always been a big fan of a hawker favourite, chicken cutlet rice. I had an idea of coating the chicken with homemade cracker crumbs , just like my hainanese pork chops. Turns out it was a brilliant idea, the chicken was tender and the crumbs were extremely flavourful. Ben kept telling how awesome this was and asked me to never crumb meat any other way again. I totally agree with him as when i was eating, i was asking myself, how could anyone go back to regular bread crumbs ever again? Every bite was packed with flavours. Golden chicken cutlet coated with homemade cracker crumbs, fragrant chicken rice and creamy coleslaw, this was such a satisfying dinner!
- 1 large chicken breast, sliced into 2 thinner slices in the middle
- 1 large egg, beaten
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 tbsp corn flour
- About 100g of plain cream crackers
- Pound and tenderize the chicken .
- Combine egg, salt, pepper and corn flour. Place chicken in the mixture. Coat well.
- Place crackers in a zip lock bag and crush into crumbs. I like my crumbs slightly chunky.
- Coat chicken in the crumbs for about 2 – 3 times.
- Pan fry in hot oil until both sides are golden
You can find my recipe for coleslaw here: Homemade Coleslaw