This is my first time making anything with bananas! Ben and I have never been a big fan of banana baked goods as we have always disliked the usual dry and hard texture. But since Ben bought a bunch of bananas yesterday and I was looking for ideas for brekkie, I thought i would give banana muffins a shot. Boy, I am so glad i did! These muffins were extremely soft and moist, it tasted so good! I can’t believe that it took me so long to try baking with bananas. If you have some bananas lying around and you were not sure about what to do with them, you have to give this recipe a try!
Ingredients: (Makes 6 muffins)
- 120g plain flour
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 50g caster sugar
- 1 large egg
- 37g melted buttter
- 4 medium-large or 8 small bananas, mashed
- Mix wet and dry ingredients in separate bowls.
- Add wet ingredients to dry, gently mix. Do not overwork the batter.
- Spoon batter into muffin tins, filling to about 3/4 full.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180 deg for about 20 minutes until a skewer comes out clean when inserted in the centre.
*Note: I am going to fold in some chocolate chips or nuts in the next time i make this. I already know it’s going to be perfect!