Was out of odeas on what to make for Ben’s brekkie and chanced upon a fb post that featured dutch babies. I’ve never seen or heard of it before, but i knew right away that it’s Ben’s kinda food. I was right and he absolutely loved it! I chose to make mini ones as i think they will have more crust and will be much tastier. They are alot cuter too! I am so happy to be able to make them as they are so easy but yet so yummy, this is a go to recipe when you want a gorgeous brekkie but is short on time 🙂
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3/4 cup plain flour
- pinch of salt
- 1 tbsp sugar
- Butter, cubed
- Place a small cube of butter in each muffin hole, this recipe makes about 9. Bake in a preheated oven at 220 deg.
- Whisk all the ingredients except butter in a large bowl. The batter may be slightly lumpy.
- When the butter is melted and slightly brown, take the muffin tray out of the oven.
- Carefully pour the batter into the muffin holes, about half full.
- Bake for about 15-20minutes until puffed and golden.
- Best served with powdered sugar/maple syrup and fresh fruits.