I have seen Focaccia in many bakeries before but was never really attracted to it before as it always look rather stale and doughy. Finally, I had the chance o try to make my very own. It was crusty on the outside, soft on the inside, the tomatoes and flavours were simply awesome! I am so happy that i tried this, this is going to be a frequent dish at home now as it is so delicious and also versatile. You can adjust the toppings to your liking and design your own flavours, just like a pizza!
- 250g bread flour
- 162ml water
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/8 tsp instant yeast
- Small amount of olive oil
- Cherry tomatoes, halved
- Place the ingredients into your bread machine. Select pizza dough function. This setting should take about 45mins.
- Place the dough on a lightly floured surface, and roll into a flat rectangle.
- Lightly brush a baking dish with oil and put the dough in it.
- Add a couple tablespoons of oil onto the dough and spread it all over with your hands.
- Using your fingertips or knuckles, make many little wells/holes all over the dough.
- Add your favourite toppings. Cover with a damp towel and let it rise for about an hour until double in size.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 200deg for about 25-30minutes until golden.
- Brush another layer of olive oil once removed from the oven.
Best served with a drizzle of balsamic vinegar + olive oil glaze. Ben hates vinegar so i replaced it with a soy sauce + olive oil one 🙂