An easy one dish meal that is perfect on a busy work night! Abit spicy, sour, tangy and salty. A must try if you are a big fan of tom yum like me 🙂
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 medium onion, diced
- About 3/4 cup chopped ham (you can replace with your preferred meat or seafood)
- 1 carrot, cut in strips
- 2 tbsp tom yum paste (adjust according to desired spiciness)
- 2 tbsp oyster sauce
- 2 tbsp soy/fish sauce
- 3 eggs
- Spring onions
- 1 cup basmati rice cooked with 1 1/2 cup water
- Cucumber, lettuce and coriander, to serve
- Whisk eggs, make slightly undercooked scrambled eggs. Dish up and set aside.
- Heat oil in a hot wok. Saute onions and garlic until fragrant.
- Add in chopped ham and fry until brown. If you are using seafood, it’s best to cook it separately at the beginning , and just lightly toss in with the rice at the end.
- Add in carrots and sauces. Fry on high heat.
- Add in cooked rice and eggs. Fry on high heat until well coated with sauces.
- Lastly add in spring onions and mix well.
- Serve with cucumbers, shredded lettuce and coriander.