Our friend, Sam is going back home to Australia today. For his farewell dinner, I prepared something new and exciting that i have never tried before! I was hoping to let him leave with some nice flavours to remember about. He sat beside me while i cook and i taught him all that i know. Hopefully he can use this recipe and cook it for his loved ones!
I was inspired by Delishar when i first saw her cook this dish! I love the idea of cooking with fruits, especially with my favourite lychees! Ben is a big hater of the goold ol’ sweet and sour pork and i was hoping to make something similar for him to change his mind. Deep fried meat has been changed to little pan fried meat patties as I do not do any deep frying at home. I succeeded and he loves this dish! We definitely prefered the little meat patties over deep fried meat as it is so tender, silky and smooth! We polished off the whole plate together, and I was very happy to see the boys, full and contented 😀
- 250g minced pork (marinated in pepper, salt, 1 heaped tbsp corn flour, chopped garlic and 1 egg)
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 large red onion, cut in big chunks
- 2 small bell peppers, cut in chunks
- about 8 lychees
- For the sauce: (I used chinese soup spoons as measurement)
- 5 tbsp tomato sauce
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 2 tbsp white vinegar
- 2 1/2 tbsp soy sauce
- 10-12tbsp of lychee juice, to taste (about 150ml)
- about 2 heaped tsp of ginger, finely chopped
- Form little flat balls of meat patties with the mince. Pan fry until both sides are golden. Set aside.
- In a hot wok, fry garlic and onions until fragrant. Add in lychees and all the sauce. (I mixed all my sauces and seasonings in a bowl beforehand.)
- Bring sauce to boil and add in meat patties as well as bell peppers. Toss well.
- On medium-high heat, let meat cook in the sauce for about 5 minutes.
- Thicken sauce with some water mixed with 1tbsp of corn flour.
- Serve with chopped spring onions and coriander.