The big day that i have been waiting and practising hard for has finally arrived! From only having enough courage to make cupcakes to learning how to make whole cakes, chiffon cakes, ogura cakes, layered cakes, frosting, and how to frost a whole cake! It has definitelt been a journey but it was all for my baby’s birthday! I promised him once that I will always make him a cake on his birthday but due to difficult situations, i was unable to make him any for the past 2 years. I have been feeling so guilty for the longest time and i told myself that i have to make him the best tasting and most awesome looking cake possible from this year onwards. Thus, I embarked on a learning journey months ago to prepare for the big day! Look at my result! I am so happy that i felt like crying when i completed the cake. And nothing can beat the feeling i felt when I saw Ben’s shocked face when he saw his cake at 12am on his birthday.
This is what this website is all about. Cooking with Love!
Recipe for Chocolate Ganache Frosting:
- 360g dark compound chocolate
- 1/2 cup evaporated milk
- 56g butter
- 2 cups icing sugar, sifted
- In a double boiler, melt chocolate and butter, and stir in evaporated milk. Stir and mix until all melted and smooth.
- Add in sifted icing sugar in a few batches. Mix and stir until smooth.
- Cool completely until hard enough to use as frosting.