One of the dishes that Ben loves but i never could get it quite right. It’s either too wet and soggy, or bland. Everywhere we went to have this, it seems to be just fried rice with pineapple cubes and yellow colouring. I want to infuse some yummy pineapple flavour into the rice. I had an epiphany today, I was thinking, what better way than to cook the rice in some pineapple juice? It turned out amazing. It’s fragrant, flavourful and the best pineapple rice i’ve tasted! 🙂
- 1 cup basmati rice
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1/2 cup pineapple juice
- garlic, chopped
- 1 large onion, diced
- 3/4 cup ham, diced (you can replace with seafood)
- 3 stalks spring onions, chopped
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup pineapple cubes
- 4 tbsp oyster sauce, to taste
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- Pork floss, chilli, coriander, to garnish
- Cook rice in chicken stock and pineapple juice. Set aside to cool.
- Beat eggs and make scrambled eggs, do not overcook.
- Heat oil in a hot wok. Fry garlic and onions until fragrant.
- Add in ham and fry until brown and slightly crisp. (if you are using seafood, cook it a the beginning separately, lightly toss into the rice at the end)
- Mix in rice and pineapples. Add in oyster sauce and turmeric powder. Mix well and fry on high heat.
- Add in eggs and spring onions, mix well.
- Garnish with pork floss, chilli and coriander.