This is a absolute winner in terms of taste and looks. Ben had a great surprise when he cut open the muffin and he was even happier when he tasted it. It was absolutely awesomeeeee! Ben said i could sell them for $5 each and he would buy heaps! It made my day when i managed to see him so happy, like a little boy 🙂 You have to give this amazing dish a try!!!
Recipe adapted from seonkyounglongest.com
- 3/4 cup milk
- 2 tbsp white vinegar
- 1 cup plain flour
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 30g melted butter
- 1 egg
- 6 eggs – for fillings
- grated cheese, for topping
- Mix milk with vinegar to create buttermilk, set aside.
- Mix flour, baking soda and powder, salt, sugar together.
- Add in 1 egg, butter and buttermilk. Whisk well until batter and smooth and lump free.
- In a ramekin/ or large muffin pan/cup, spoon about 2 1/2 tbsp of batter. Crack an egg on top in the ramekin. Top the egg with more batter until ramekin is about 90% full.
- Top with grated cheese.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 200degs for about 25mins until golden brown. Serve warm.