This is my first attempt making stuffed buns and i am so happy with the result! So happy with it that I recommend using this recipe for burger buns, dinner rolls or other kinds of stuffed buns. I have already made plans for cream cheese buns, curry buns, cream buns, the possibilities are limitless. These buns are aromatic, soft and fluffy, give it a try and you will be as happy as me!
Recipe yields 8 burger buns/ 10-12 stuffed buns or 16 slider buns
- 280g bread flour
- 20g cake flour
- 20g coconut/full cream milk powder
- 150g fresh milk
- 1 egg
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 60g sugar
- 30g butter
- 1 1/2 tsp yeast
- 1 tsp pandan paste (only for pandan buns)
- 1/2 tsp pandan flavour (only for pandan buns)
- Add all the ingredients in the bread machine in the above sequence. ( follow your manufacturer’s instructions)
- Select Menu 9 Bread Dough function. Let the bread machine knead and proof the dough. This will take one hour.
- Remove dough from bread machine and transfer to a floured surface. Deflate the dough to release air and lightly knead dough till smooth and elastic.
- Roll into a roll and cut into portions (8 for burger buns, 10-12 for stuffed buns, 16 for slider buns)
- Flatten the dough and roll into a flat circle. Spoon in your choice of fillings about 1 1/2 tbsp. (Kaya, Nutella etc). Seal well.
- Cover loosely with cling wrap and let buns proof for about 1 hour until doubled in size.
- Glaze with egg wash
- Bake in a preheated oven at 160 degrees for about 15 minutes in convection fan mode until golden.