I was at a loss of what to make for breakfast again when i saw the punnet of fresh strawberries calling out for me in the fridge. I wanted to make some oats bars initially, but i can see it being hard to chew for my baby who has just been to the dentist. So I made something different but better, fresh strawberry crumble!!! This is a fuss free and highly customizable recipe, i can see you guys substituting strawberries with your favourite fruits 🙂
This recipe serves 2. Feel free to double or even triple it to suit you.
- 250g fresh strawberries, cut in chunks
- 1 tbsp caster sugar, +/- depending on the fruit’s sweetness
- juice from 1/4 lemon
- 1/2 tbsp corn flour (less for firmer fruits)
- 1/2 cup self raising flour
- Slightly less than 1/4 cup brown sugar (not tightly packed)
- Pinch of salt
- Dash of ground cinnamon
- 60g butter, cubed and softened
- Combine all the ingredients for your fillings and set aside in a baking dish.
- In a bowl, mix together flour, brown sugar, salt and cinnamon until combined.
- Add butter into the bowl and using your fingers, rub butter into the mixture until it resembles large, heavy bread crumbs.
- Spoon topping over strawberries.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180deg for about 30mins until sides are bubbly and top is golden.
- Best served warm, enjoy! 🙂