This sounds strange and you wouldn’t think it will work but it definitely blew my mind! This makes kung pao chicken feels like a just average dish. The sauce is both sweet and savoury, tastes absolutely amazing. What’s more, it is incredibly easy and quick to prepare and cook. You really have to try it for yourself to get what i mean!
- 2 large chicken legs, deboned and diced
- 2 small bell peppers, colours of your choice
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 large onion, cut in quarts
- 1 tbsp light soy sauce
- 1 tbsp hua diao wine
- 1 tsp chicken powder
- dash of black pepper
- about 4 tbsp pure maple syrup, just enough to cover the top of all the chicken.
- Spring onions, to garnish
- Pour maple syrup over the chicken, just enought to cover the top.
- Add soy sauce, hua diao wine, chicken powder & black pepper. Allow it to marinate while you prepare and cut the other ingredients.
- Heat oil in a hot wok and fry garlic and onions until fragrant.
- Add in chicken and brown them before adding in bell peppers. (add in 1 tbsp of water or so under high heat if you’d like more sauce)
- Continue to fry until chicken it is cooked.
- Garnish with spring onions and ready to serve