Everytime me or Benny’s mom makes a roast, Ben would never ever eat the roast vegetables. I was thinking of ways to make him eat them and came up with this recipe. Benny loves it so much that i had to quickly write this down in case i forget how to make this dish. I am so happy and felt a sense of achievement when I saw Ben eating his veggies happily ❤ The chicken is moist, skin is crisp and flavourful and the sauce is amazing! Definitely the dish I am gonna make for our next family gathering! Recipe is to serve 2 but of course you can use the same method and adjust accordingly.
- 2 large chicken legs
- 2 potatoes, sliced
- 1 carrot, sliced
- 1 large onion
- 1 can campbell cream of corn and chicken soup
- whole milk
- Toss carrots, potatoes and onions in olive oil and lay flat on baking dish
- Rub salt and pepper generously on the chicken and brush it with olive oil
- Bake at 220deg for about 20 minutes until skin is lightly brown
- Mix the can of soup with milk. I added bit by bit until the right consistency. Depends on how thick you want the sauce to be. Season with black pepper.
- Remove dish from oven, remove the chicken and place on a separate plate
- Pour the soup sauce over the vegetables and put the chicken back on top of the sauce and veggies.
- Reduce heat to 190degs and bake for a further 40mins
- Turn on the grill and bake for a further 5-10mins until skin is crisp