I didn’t really like this snack when i was back in Singapore because i used to hate peanuts. I am more tolerant towards peanuts now, and i actually even started to appreciate freshly grounded peanuts now. I was reminiscing how i would buy this snack while walking through the pasar malams (night markets) in Singapore. It is always served in a small plastic box together with a few toothpicks, and everyone would share among our families and friends while walking down the night market. I guess i really do miss home, and making this sort of made me happier as i could share with Ben a part of me that he doesn’t have a chance to get in touch with.
Ben is a big fan of all sorts of nutty snacks, and a great lover of desserts! He loves food made with flour, glutinous rice flour, bread flour, any kind of flour! So i thought this is a perfect and quick snack to make for him!
Muah Chee Recipe:
- 1 cup glutinous rice flour
- 150ml cold water
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp coconut milk
- 2 tsp caster sugar
- dash of sesame oil
- 1 cup freshly grounded roasted peanuts
- 1/4 cup caster sugar
- Combine ingrdients 1 -5 in a mixing bowl. Stir till smooth.
- Microwave on high for 1 min, stir fast with a pair of chopsticks and return to mircowave for another minute.
- Add the sesame oil onto the dough and mix well, leave to cool
- Combine ground peanuts with caster sugar
- Cut a piece of dough and place into the peanut topping, start cutting dough into bite size pieces and cover it completely with the toppings