Ah ma will be very proud of me if she was here to eat this! I can still remember helping her wrap the pink png kueh when i was a little girl. I think i actually made this because i really miss her.. Making food that i grew up with makes me feel abit closer to home =)
It was a pity that i didn’t have any pink couloring and the traditional mould. But other then that, it tasted exactly like how i remember it to be =) The traditional ones have dried shrimp and some mince in it, but i really just like it with glutinous rice and heaps of peanuts so i omitted the rest.
- 200g Rice Flour
- 80g Tapioca Starch
- 390ml boiling water
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp oil
- 2 cups glutinous rice (soaked for at least 5 hours)
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 1/2 cup peanuts (boiled till semi soft)
- 3 tbsp oyster sauce
- 3 tbsp sesame oil
- soy sauce and pepper to taste
- Sift rice flour and tapioca starch into a large mixing boil. Combine with salt.
- Pour boiling water over oil before pouring over the flour mixture. Knead and form a smooth soft dough. Set aisde to cool.
- Fry garlic with sesame oil in a wok till fragrant. Add in oyster suace, chicken stock , soy sauce and pepper. Bring to boil.
- Add in glutinous rice and simmer in the sauce over medium heat till the liquid almost dries up. Stir in boiled peanuts and remove from heat. Steam the rice and peanuts over high heat for 25 minutes.
- Wrap the glutinous rice fillings into the prepared dough, seal well. I used a hear shaped mould for mine but you can use any that you like =)
- Steam over high heat for 10 miutes
- Serve with sweet sauce and sambal belachan, enjoy!