I still remember eating this during recess time when i was in primary school!!! It never failed to make my day cause its always soooo yummyyyyyy!!! I know there is the black variation one, where u have chinese mushrooms and chinese sausages, but ben doesn’t eat mushrooms so i thought he might like the whitish version one, it taste exactly the same as the ones we buy at the dim sum stall or in schools. And as Ben doesn’t eat any other part of the chicken except the breasts, while i like the thighs, we compromised with chicken tenderloins. its white like the breast, but at the same time really tender! =)
- 3 big strips of chicken tenderloins (thinly sliced)
- 2 cups glutinous rice
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 3 tbsp sesame oil
- 5 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1 tsp light soy sauce
- Soak rice in water overnight. Drain well when you are ready to cook.
- Heat up sesame oil and fry in chicken till frgrant. Stir in oyster sauce and soy sauce and add in chicken stock. Remove chicken and set aside, leaving the sauces and stock in the pan.
- Add in rice and fry till the stock dries up.
- Place chicken in aluminium foil bowls and place rice on top, tightly packed.
- Steamed over high heat for 25 minutes
Garnish with fresh coriander, fried shallots and season with pepper to serve.