A very traditional chinese dessert that i love as a child!! I think i like most things with coconut cream in them.. There’s just something in that taste that gets me hooked. Benny brought a box of it to work and everyone thought it looked kinda radom and split PEAS in dessert sounded totally wrong to them. But after trying, the whole box was wiped out! =D
- 1/2 cup split peas
- 1 cup cornflour mixed in 1 cup water
- 1 3/4 cup caster sugar
- 3 cups water
- 2/3 cup light coconut cream
- 1/2 cup skim evaporated milk
- Boil split peas till tender, drain
- Place water in pot over high heat, add sugar and stir till dissolved
- Add in coconut cream and evaporated milk and continue stirring. Bring to boil.
- Gradually add in cornflour mixture very slowly and continue stirring. When it boils again, remove from heat.
- Mix in the cooked split peas and spoon in to a baking dish or cake tin. Chill in refrigerator for 2 hours.