AHHHHHHHH!!! I am so happy that i can actually bake!!! =D I don’t know what got into me to make me wanna bake pineapple tarts, it must have been the influence of the chinese new year goodies! But whatevr it is, im glad i gave it a shot cause now i finally know that i can bake!! I’m ADDICTED to baking!!!!
I saw that they were selling ready-made pineapple paste, so my mommy asked me to use that. She was pretty skepyical about me making it when i was in the “anything, anyhow” experimenting mood. Anyways, I was thinking that since i already decided to bake, why not try my best to make everything myself. Furthermore, the super pale yellow colour of the ready-made paste really looks awful. So, i bagged 2 honey pineapples home and got my mom to skin it for me.
But anyways, i know the result is not pretty, but really, everyone who tried says it super delicious!!! I think after i improve on the outlook, i can really take orders for chinese new year already! Foe now, my mommy has ordered form me already =DDD
Ingredients: (yields 150 tarts)
- 2 medium honey pineapples, grated
- 300g sugar
- ground cinammon (aty according to preferences)
- 430g butter
- 100g icing sugar
- 80g milk powder
- 1 egg
- 600g cake flour
- 30g custard powder
- Cook pineapples in a pot with sugar for about 1 hour, stirring occasionally. Add cinammon powder according to own liking.
- Cook until the jam starts leaving the sides. Remove from heat and set aside to cool
- Preheat oven to 180 deg.
- Cream butter till light and fluffy, add egg and beat well
- Sift flour, sugar, milk and custard powder into mixture and fold
- Roll dough to about 0.5cm thick and use a pastry cutter or pineapple tart mould to cut
- Glaze with egg wash and bake for10 minutes
- Remove from oven and place balls of pineapple jam prepared earlier. Retyrn to oven and bake for a further 10 minutes